Sunday 4 November 2007

Thriller Sub-genres

The Thriller Genre is made up of a range of sub-genres.
These include:

  • Spy Thrillers
  • Political Thrillers
  • Military Thrillers
  • Conspiracy Thrillers
  • Technothrillers
  • Eco-Thrillers
  • Erotic Thrillers
  • Legal Thrillers
  • Forensic Thrillers
  • Medical Thrillers
  • Psychological Thrillers
  • Horror Thriller
  • Disaster Thriller
  • Serial killer Thriller
  • Romantic Thrillers
  • Supernatural Thrillers
  • Action Thrillers
  • Crime Thrillers
I am particularly interested in the Psychological Thriller Sub-genre. Films I have seen like Psycho, Memento and The Talented Mr. Ripley have inspired me to possibly focus on this sub-genre of thriller. I really want to see Fight Club as soon as I can and I have been advised by Jennifer to see Mr. Brooks.
These Thrillers strongly focus on character and there is usually an emphasis on the characters mind, what they are thinking and their mental state.

No comments: